Monday, September 14, 2015

And We Wait...


OK. I'm just going to fast forward and just fill in the blanks from the past month and a half until now. (I wish I would have known I was going to write a blog, I would have started awhile ago.)

My first post left off with me making one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make in my life. That being said. I decided to terminate my pregnancy (no judgment please) It was a very hard to decision, I weighed both pros and cons before making the decision. And it is something that I deal with everyday.

At time of diagnosis I was living in Cleveland, Ohio. I have recently moved closer to my family in a small town called Farrell, Pennsylvania. I decided to move because my doctors thought I should be closer to family for more support, and I agree. So now after many transfusions, biopsies, and a traumatic procedure. Here i am.

I met with my new oncologist. After going back and forth between ATG and CYCLO or BMT. We decided based on age and health history. I'm a good candidate to go ahead with the BMT. Thank God my brother is the perfect match!! So thankful. Now I have been referred to a transplant doctor in Pittsburgh, PA. My first appt with this doctor is on this coming Thursday. (September 17, 2015) I'm so nervous. I don't know what to expect. I have no idea what's about to be done at this appointment. But I'm also looking forward to getting this process started. I've been through a lot already just to get to this point. I'm so ready to be on the road to recovery and be CURED!!!!

My last CBC (last Thursday)

Platelets-28
Hemoglobin-9.3(after transfusion the week before)
WBC-(i forgot?? but i do remember doc
saying they were actually ok)

Current Symptoms:
EXTREME FATIGUE-DRAINED!!!
HEADACHES
occasional light-headedness and dizziness.


I am open to any stories, questions, advice, prayers and well wishes. Of all the blogs and google articles i read. I know I still have no idea what i am up against. I am taking this journey Head On. I have no choice. I have a lot to live for. Can't Stop Won't Stop.









No comments:

Post a Comment